Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kitchen Islands-internet inspirations

     I gathered a bunch of pictures from the internet of some gorgeous ideas for making an island in your kitchen, without using just stock cabinets.  I thought I might as well post them for you all to enjoy as well.  If you don't have room for even a small island, you can consider using a fun dresser or table in another area of the kitchen.  Just because it's a dresser doesn't mean it has to stay in the bedroom.  I love seeing furniture in unexpected places.

Anyway, sit back and enjoy these fun ideas for islands:

Oh to have this size of kitchen! And with two gorgeous tables! LOVE!



coastal living


country living


country living








via hooked on houses

via houzz










laughing at the days to come


margot austin

Old house journal








What I learned from these images is that no kitchen is too small for an island, a creative or unique island can really make a kitchen feel custom and  the days of the all-matching  kitchens are past.  I love how the island stands alone in it's own tone of wood stain or it's own color of paint.  Consider making you island something special!


8 comments:

  1. I am loving your pictures! Some of these shots are incredibly beautiful. I too, enjoy repurposing old things and giving them a new life. I just wanted to tell you it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you on pinterest, and I love this post. I am downsizing soon, and needed some good ideas for a Movable kitchen island. TFS, now I'm off to check out the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I have the same old dresser (green one) you made an island out of. My question is what did you do with the back of the dresser, which would face out?
    Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing! I'm also wondering about the back of these repurposed bureaus ~ wondering about something for the kids like chalkboard paint or a magnet board?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this.
    Country Kitchen Cabinets
    Kitchen Remodel Ideas
    Bathroom Remodel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useful information. I am actual blessed to read this article.thanks for giving us this advantageous information. I acknowledge this post.and I would like bookmark this post. Thanks! herbalcoast variable battery usb charger

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have very cool design you will love check Interior design blog you will love doing it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails